For the impatient (who isn’t these days?)
IOHK have released a Shelley testnet version of the Daedalus wallet
With this beautiful purple special version, you can get a feeling of what staking on Mainnet will soon look like:
- take a look at all the experimental stakepools, as pool operators are preparing their set-up for mainnet launch;
- create a new wallet, or recover your ITN wallet, and claim 1,000 free testnet-ADA from the faucet, which is essentially worthless but fun to play with such as making transactions or delegating your funds to one of the stakepools,
How to proceed?
- Download the Daedalus Shelley Testnet wallet
- Install and create a new wallet. You can also recover your ITN wallet using the recovery phrase. This will only contain your ITN rewards, but you will not be able to actually use them.
- Request free tADA from the faucet
- Done! You can now make transactions to other addresses on the testnet, or delegate to your favourite pool 😉
Here’s a preview, but do not get fooled by the stake pool ranking since it has absolutely no meaning; some pools have more fake ADA than others, are charging weird fees or have very low or rediculously high pledge amounts.